Home > News & Reports > Update about the...

Update about the condition of injured journalist Soran Kamran, who was present during the Iranian attack on Altun Kobri




The Journalistic Freedoms Observatory "JFO" is following the health of our colleague Soran Kamran, who was wounded by Iranian shelling on Iranian opposition positions between the governorates of Kirkuk and Erbil, more than 150 kilometers from the Iranian border.


Soran Kamran was injured while covering the Iranian operations launched by Iran against the headquarters of Kurdish opposition parties on September 28 in the Altun Kubri region between Kirkuk and Erbil governorates.

JFO monitored the progress of colleague Soran Kamran's health condition, who has not yet been able to communicate with the press.

Kamran was transported to Erbil for medical care, where he remains hospitalized.


According to Kamran's associates, coworkers at the Kurdistan 24 channel where he works, and medical sources, Kamran sustained significant injuries to his abdomen and leg.


Kamran's leg was severely broken, while "Sjum" shrapnel penetrated the abdomen.

After 10 days of hospitalization, the information indicates that his condition is stable, and that he is on the way to recovery.





  • Massive government violations against journalists while covering the Green Zone demonstrations

  • The Iraqi parliament is aiming to gradually curtail journalists' freedom

  • Journalist Haider Hadi: I was subjected to beatings and threats in Karbala

  • Kurdistan: arresting journalists will not conceal events but rather lead to counterproductive results

  • Information Crimes Law: Customized to fitting the Government... Crushing Journalists' Aspirations

  • Reporter Fadel Al-Battat was assaulted by Grand Millennium Hotel security in Basra.

  • A "silencer" arrest warrant has been issued against Haider Al-Hamdani: a legal trap that violates court orders

  • A reporter and a photographer were assaulted by security guards at "Crystal Erbil" hotelA reporter and a photographer were assaulted by security guards at "Crystal Erbil" hotel